7th YEAR OF COMPETITION
COMPETITION OPENED FOR THE WHOLE HAIRDRESSERS´ WORLD
Task of competitors:
To create the creative but wearable hairstyle form of the long hair using the skill, facility and creativity during stranding and braiding locks of hair.
Organized in cooperation with sponsors and experts:
- EXPOBEAUTY PRAGUE, organizer of trade fairs WORLD OF BEAUTY & SPA with sponsorship
of exhibitors and further companies
- SOU (educational center) for hairdressers Prague-Karlín, under the direction of Honza Hlavacek, Martin Louzecky, Romana Topinkova, Blanka Haskova, Tana Velová, Daniela Hejtmanková, Patrik Hagara…
AWARD FOR WINNER 2.200 EUR (50.000 CZK)
- 14 FINAL COMPETITORS WILL BE AWARDED BY VALUABLE PRESENTS
- ALL COMPETITORS WILL RECEIVED AN ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS COMPETITION AND FREE ENTRANCE IN THE FAIR WORLD OF BEAUTY & SPA 2016 AUTUMN
PVA EXPO PRAGUE – LETNANY, September 9–10, 2016
CONDITION FOR COMPETITORS
- You can use any technique you like; the judges will not take technique into account when evaluating the entries.
- Hair length must match the style being created.
- Hair can be dyed or remain its natural color.
- Hair color makes the style stand out, though!
- No colored hair sprays or hair mascara allowed.
STYLING – BRAIDING
- Hair can be prepared in any way you like before braiding (blow-dried, curled, crimped, ironed…).
- All sections of hair can be styled in any direction and shape.
- Any braiding technique is admissible; originality is key.
- You can create the style using any tools and appliances you like.
- No hairpieces, accessories, ornaments or pads may be used.
- The volume and size of the style should not be out of proportion to the model.
- For best photography quality we recommend that the model wear light makeup, however, the makeup must be subtle, with no glitter, fake eyelashes or bodypainting.
- No accessories of any kind (earrings, necklaces, chains, piercings, etc.).
- Contestants must send photographs of the style from all four sides in hard copy.
- Photos must be taken against a white background and with a glossy finish, 20x30 cm.
- The photographs must show the model’s head and shoulders.
- No retouching.
- A jury of independent experts will anonymously select the fourteen best entries (finalists).
- In the final round the panel of judges will be made up of leading professionals in the field.
- Emphasis will be placed on originality, difficulty, creativity, shape and of course the overall look of the hairstyle, which should give a healthy, natural impression in spite of the styling techniques used.
- No hairpieces, extensions, integration, accessories or ornaments may be used.
- Hairclips and ties are permissible, however.
- The supervision team will oversee the contest and ensure that rules are followed.
FINAL ROUND OF THE CONTEST
THE FINAL ROUND OF THE CONTEST WILL TAKE PLACE ON SATURDAY, September 10, 2016 at the PVA EXPO PRAGUE – LETNANY
- Finalists should have their color and cut prepared in advance.
- Models will go on stage with dry hair, treated in advance using techniques permitted under the rules.
- Finalists will style/braid the model’s hair during the final round using any tools and styling products they choose.
- All models will wear a special styling cape provided by the organizer.
- The finalists will have 45 minutes to complete the style.
The winner will receive CZK 25,000 (1.100 EUR) in cash + CZK 25,000 (1.100 EUR)
in vouchers from the contest’s partners.
The winner cannot compete again, but automatically becomes part of the supervision team for the next year.
All contestants will receive a certificate and free entry to the trade fair
WORLD OF BEAUTY & SPA 2016 AUTUMN
– LETNANY, September 9–10, 2016 –
Contestants must have completed a vocational program or requalification course as a hair stylist.
Photographs must not be used for other purposes prior to the contest.
Materials sent for the contest will not be returned.
The contestants and models agree that the materials may be used as needed by the organizer.
Application and fotos have to be sent till June 30, 2016 to the following address:
Ing. Lenka Konecna, Smaragdova 322, Prague 5, CZ-154 00, CZECH REPUBLIC
List of finalists will be Seznam published till July 11,2016 here – www.BeautyExpo.eu/inspirace
FOTO FOR INSPIRATION
Collection of institute Hairthusiasts – www.hairthusiasts.cz
SOU Kadeřnické – Praha 8