NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
PVA EXPO PRAGUE – LETNANY – September 10, 2016
The task is to create nails on both hands with white extension while the length should not exceed 50% of the nail bed. Professional nails have to be created while paying particular attention to the nail structure (C-curve), the shape and colour, design, as well as transparency and durability. Each participant may choose this new own technique for the nail enhancement. A simple adhesion of "full-size tips" and the use of materials that only stabilize natural nails are not permitted. The use of French tips, full-size tips and "drills" are also not permitted. Only the nail polish provided by the organizer may be used, camouflage is allowed.
The resulting artificial nails should be created like a perfect salon nails.
All competitors must provide their own models. Shortly before the championship commences the models' hands will be examined by the organizer for short natural nails and injuries. The nails must have no tips and both, tips and nails, must not be prepared in any way. The participants have 2½ hours to complete the task. Within this period the nails of one hand must be completely varnished; those of the other hand will remain free of polish.
The judges’ decision is final. The contestants acknowledge the conditions of participation on application.
|MEDIA PARTNER IS THE MAGAZINE LOVE NAILS|
- 9.00 – 9.30
Please present at registration: Passport or identification card Model
SETTING UP WORK PLACES
All work places have two electricity sockets; the participants must provide their own working utensils, working materials, lamp, lamp fixing and UV light setting equipment. The organisers will provide a standard nail polish.
- 9.30 – 10.00
WELCOME / EXPLANATIONS
Greeting of participants, explanation of the timetable and championship sequence. The nails of the models will be checked for artificial nail residue and injury to the nail plate or cuticle. The nails must have no tips and both, tips and nails, must not have been prepared in any way. The model should not wear Tattoos or jewellery on hands or underarms. The model should also wear short sleeves or be able to push up the sleeves during judging.
START OF THE COMPETITION
– In the 2½ hours allotted, the nails on both hands must be created with white extensions and with perfect smile-lines on all the nails. The supervisors will check during working time and the judges may want to check as well and remove the nail polish on the polished hand if necessary. One hand needs to be polished with the provided nail polish (either left or right).
– No smoking is allowed during the competition.
– Spectators may watch the championship – but are not allowed to talk to competitors.
– Only accredited press representatives are allowed to take photos or make video recordings.
– Mobiles need to be turned off during the competition
END OF THE COMPETITION
– At the end of the competition the competitors stop working immediately and stand up at their workstations together with their models.
– Each participant will leave their workstation and only the models will follow the organizer into the room to be judged by the jury.
– All the models will then draw their starting numbers in private.
– The models are not allowed to leave the room until the assessment is complete. If they do so they will be disqualified. The same applies to the use of a mobile phone. We want to keep the information inside the judging room during judging.
- 12.30 – 15.00
1st short assessment
– Five models will slide their hands with the number board under the curtain, the jury will then walk behind the curtain and will take notes if necessary. The next group of 5 models follows and so on.
– This will provide the jury with an overview of the quality of the nails.
2nd detailed assessment
– The models will now be assessed individually by the jury and points awarded.
– 10 points are allotted for each section, with 0 indicating „very poor“ and 10 „perfect”.
– After the assessment the jury will be given the opportunity of re-assessing individual models again if necessary. The models may leave the room only when all models have been seen by all jury members and the jury does not wish to see any model a second time.
The award ceremony will take place at the stage.
We wish you success and hope that you enjoy the championships!
Goal: The resulting artificial nail should be created like a perfect salon nail.
The chosen shape must be consistent on all nails. The shape chosen must be a technical correct one.
|The chosen length must be consistent on the ring and pointer finger. The nails on the middle finger and dumb can be 1 mm longer and on the pinkie 1 mm shorter. The length should not exceed 50% of the nail bed. The judges will solely judge from above viewpoint. Maximal length of nails is 1:1 and white part not longer than length of nailbet.||10|
|The sidelines of the enhancement align perfectly with the natural nail plate. They must not be wider then the nail bed or cut in. From the front view the sidelines need to be parallel. The thickness of the sidelines should not be more than business card thick.||10
|The stress point (apex) must be sculpted at the same, correct point as seen from the front and the profile with a consistent thickness.||10|
Must have the same symmetrical and consistent curvature.
Both curves must have the same symmetrical and consistent curvature
|The product has been applied flush to the nail plate and close to the cuticle.
The rings cannot be visible or touchable
The nail bed and cuticle is not injured in any way.
|The nails are thick like the business card and is the same at all nails.||10|
|The white sculpted extension must be symmetrical (depth 30-50%) clear visible and consistent on both hands. The smile lines are sharp on all nails, without “ghost shadows“. The nail bed elongation should be free of shadows and with perfect color fading to the cuticle. The white gel extension should be created by gel, the lack or acryl is not allowed.||5
|Must be created to the nail bet, without shading and smudge.
On the back side of nails could be visible only extension with camouflage,
the free edge should be white.
|The nail polish must be applied consistent with the same shape and free margin at the nail bed on all nails of one hand. The surface of the unpolished nails on the other hand must be without any scratches, dull spots or unevenness. The applied product must have Finishing Gel all around.||5
Form / Tip Fit
|The tip or form must fit to the natural nails free edge exactly and the line between the two should not be visible. All residues, such as dust, oil, nail enamel and adhesive must be removed from beneath the nail.||10|
|Product control (air bubbles, margbelizing etc.) Does the chosen shape and length suit the hand? Is the nail coloring in keeping with the hand coloring?
Is it a perfect set of technical perfect and durable salon nails?
Camouflage with right shading?
Important – Not allowed:
- using of „French tips”
- using of colours, acryl colours etc
- grinding machines
- prepared tips and formers
- during judging is for models don´t leave from the room
- during judging no tattoos or jewellery (watches, rings, bracelets etc.) may be worn by the models on hands and underarms.
- using mobiles during the
- 10 points are allotted for each section, with 0 indicating „very poor“ and 10 „perfect“